Sugar-Free Sugar Cookies
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 - 15 drops stevia (if you like sweeter treats, go for 15!)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 TB Addictive Wellness Astragalus
- 1 tsp Addictive Wellness Reishi
- 1 tsp Addictive Wellness Cordyceps
- a sprinkle of coconut flour to be used during the dough rolling and cookie cutting process
- 3/4 cup coconut butter (melted)
- 3 TB - 4 TB powdered Bocha Sweetener (taste and adjust)
- 1/4–1/2 cup non-dairy milk (We used almond milk)
Optional Icing Colors:
- Addictive Wellness Caramel Elixir Blends
- Addictive Wellness Matcha Elixir Blends
- Addictive Wellness Blue Butterfly Flower Powder
- Just leave lovely plain white!
- Addictive Wellness Mycotoxin-Free Cacao Powder
- Beet Powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the dry dough ingredients: almond flour, baking soda, salt, Astragalus, Reishi, and Cordyceps.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the wet dough ingredients: egg, vanilla, stevia, and melted coconut oil.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry and stir to combine.
- Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- After it’s chilled, lay the dough on a sheet of parchment paper and sprinkle some coconut flour onto the top. Roll the dough out until you achieve about a 1/4” thickness.
- Use the cookie cutters to cut your shapes.
- Gather the excess dough into a ball, re-roll it, and repeat the step above until you have almost no dough left.
- Bake the cookies on a lined tray for around 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire wrack.
- While cooling, make your icing.
- Stir together the melted coconut butter, powdered bocha sweetener, and 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk. Keep adding milk slowly until it becomes smooth and spreadable. It will thicken as it cools, so make right before using.
- Now it gets fun and creative! Separate the icing into as many bowls as colors you’re using. We used 6 different colors (including white), so we had 6 different bowls.
- In each bowl, add the desired amount of “coloring ingredient” until you get the color you like.
- After you’ve gotten your colors, spread them onto your cookies with a knife.
- Ice, eat, and enjoy the immune-boosting benefits in a delicious way! These will last about 5 days in the refrigerator, but they need to remain cold or the icing will melt.