Blue Butterfly Flower
Sorry, currently out of stock
50 GRAM POUCH
Prepare for Metamorphosis
- May help prevent aging of the skin by inhibiting glycation.¹
- Contains antioxidants that may support healthy collagen and elastin production.³
- May support healthy blood sugar balance.⁵
- May support cognitive health by supporting healthy acetylcholine production.⁴
- May function as an anxiolytic (anti-stress).²
- Virtually flavorless and works as a beautiful natural food coloring.
- Suggested serving size: 1/2 teaspoon
Nature's Anti-Aging Solution
In-vitro research has shown that Blue Butterfly Flower can inhibit glycation- the main metabolic process that leads to aging and wrinkling of the skin.¹ It also contains two antioxidants, anthocyanin and proanthocyanidin, which can support production of collagen and elastin.³
Best of all, it has a very neutral flavor similar to a light green tea, making it easy to add to just about any recipe!
Famous Ayurvedic Brain Tonic
For thousands of years, Blue Butterfly has been regarded as a powerful brain tonic in the Ayurvedic herbal system. This has been supported by modern research showing that Blue Butterfly may help to increase acetylcholine production. Acetylcholine is an essential neurotransmitter whose levels decline as we age.
Purity is Our Priority
This Blue Butterfly Flower is grown free of pesticides and herbicides in it's native Thailand. Before being freeze dried, it undergoes aqueous ozone treatment to ensure total purity. This is pure Blue Butterfly Flower powder- no secondary ingredients, additives or fillers. Our sources are third party tested for heavy metals to ensure purity.
The flavor is very neutral, allowing it to be very easily used in a wide variety of recipes! The only limit is your imagination... you can start just putting 1/8th of a teaspoon in a glass of water, blend a teaspoon into a chia pudding, smoothie, ice cream, or even combine it with our Chai Elixir Blends for a radiant blue superherb chai!
Ready for a different color? Just add lemon, lime or apple cider vinegar, and the blue color will instantly turn purple!
Di Tao - Grown in Thailand
Please do not consume if pregnant or breastfeeding. If you have a health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use. Keep out of the reach of children.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Chayaratanasin P, Barbieri MA, Suanpairintr N, Adisakwattana S. Inhibitory effect of Clitoria ternatea flower petal extract on fructose-induced protein glycation and oxidation-dependent damages to albumin in vitro. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:27. Published 2015 Feb 18. doi:10.1186/s12906-015-0546-2
- D. Kumar and M. Dhobi, Screening Antianxiety and Antioxidant Profile of Stems and Leaves of Blue Variety of Clitoria ternate L, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017;1022-1025. Published 2017 October 8. doi: 10.4172/pharmaceutical-sciences.1000322
- Nanashima N, Horie K, Maeda H, Tomisawa T, Kitajima M, Nakamura T. Blackcurrant Anthocyanins Increase the Levels of Collagen, Elastin, and Hyaluronic Acid in Human Skin Fibroblasts and Ovariectomized Rats. Nutrients. 2018;10(4):495. Published 2018 Apr 16. doi:10.3390/nu10040495
- Rai KS, Murthy KD, Karanth KS, Nalini K, Rao MS, Srinivasan KK. Clitoria ternatea root extract enhances acetylcholine content in rat hippocampus. Fitoterapia. 2002;73(7-8):685-689. doi:10.1016/s0367-326x(02)00249-6
- Chusak C, Thilavech T, Henry CJ, Adisakwattana S. Acute effect of Clitoria ternatea flower beverage on glycemic response and antioxidant capacity in healthy subjects: a randomized crossover trial. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18(1):6. Published 2018 Jan 8. doi:10.1186/s12906-017-2075-7