Jungle Peanut Base Ingredients:
- 2 cups jungle peanuts
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 TB AddictiveWellness Astragalus
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 3 TB Styrian Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Sweetener to taste - Yacon/Stevia/Birch Xylitol are great options (I used 1 and 1/2 TB Birch Xylitol)
Chocolate Layer Ingredients:
- 2 Bars Addictive Wellness Chocolates
Crunchy Jungle Peanut Layer:
- 1/2 cup chopped up jungle peanuts
Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Addictive Wellness Caramel Packet
- 2 tsp hot water
- Generous pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 TB ghee (vegans can use coconut oil)
For the Jungle Peanut Base:
- In a blender, place the jungle peanuts, hemp seeds, and chia seeds. Blend.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add astragalus, sea salt, vanilla bean powder, pumpkin seed oil, and sweetener.
- Mix until combined. If needed, add 1 or 2 TB water. The batter should stick together.
- Transfer to a parchment lined 8X8 dish.
- Pop in the fridge while you make the chocolate layer.
Chocolate Layer Directions:
- Melt two bars of Addictive Wellness Chocolate.
- Take the base out of the refrigerator and pour the melted chocolate on top.
- Sprinkle the chopped up Jungle Peanuts on top.
- Pop back on the fridge while you make the caramel sauce.
Caramel Sauce Directions:
- In a bowl, put 1 packet of Addictive Wellness Caramel Elixir Blend.
- Add 2 tsp hot water and stir.
- Add 2 TB of ghee and a pinch of salt.
- Stir until smooth.
- If ghee was melted when added, pop in the fridge for about 5 minutes to stiffen a bit.
- Take the base out of the fridge and spread the caramel sauce on top.
- Sprinkle extra sea salt.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!!
Store in the refrigerator. When you want a slice, I suggest taking it out of the fridge and letting it come up to room temperature (about 15 minutes).