Gluten Free Paleo Blueberry Beauty Donuts
Gluten Free Paleo Blueberry Donut Recipe:
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Addictive Wellness Pine Pollen
- 1 tsp Addictive Wellness Astragalus
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1/4th tsp sea salt
- 2 TB ghee (melted)
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk (We used almond milk)
- 2 TB birch xylitol or favorite sweetener (adjust for preferred sweetness)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl - the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, pine pollen, astragalus, salt, vanilla powder, and birch xylitol.
- Combine all the wet ingredients together in a bowl - the eggs, melted ghee, and nondairy milk.
- Pour the wet batter into the dry and mix.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter and mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 6-count donut tray.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 16-18 minutes.
- Make your icing while the donuts are in the oven.
- 1/4 tsp Addictive Wellness Blue Butterfly Flower
- 1 heaped TB coconut butter
- 3 TB nondairy milk (start with 3 and add as you go - see directions below*)
- 1 tsp Addictive Wellness Tremella Mushroom Powder
- optional: you can add stevia, but the coconut butter is already a bit sweet, so I added none
- Melt the coconut butter, nondairy milk, and tremella on low heat on the stove. Keep adding nut milk until it’s the desired consistency - should be like soft icing.
- Take off the stove and add blue butterfly flower powder.
- When the donuts are out of the oven and cooled, lather on the icing.
- For a chocolate version, leave out the blueberries in the donut recipe (or keep them in!), melt your favorite Addictive Wellness Chocolate Bar, and drizzle on top!
Store these in the refrigerator.